January 4, 2011
Industry of closed circuit television migrates in the direction of the transition to all-digital standard. The rate of this migration depends on the characteristics of the new system, first of all, the video quality, and cost. To date, IP-video-quality images, the same as the previous systems are quite expensive, especially if we consider the total cost of ownership of the object. Given the tight economic situation, the majority of end users are faced with the need to reduce spending on surveillance systems. However, there is a technique which avoids the use of cost increases during the transition to digital systems.
When installing a hybrid video is necessary, first of all, to refuse to use the coaxial cable and instead fixed the cable network. The transition to Internet Protocol (IP-system) does not mean that it will only consist of IP-based cameras with unshielded cable "twisted pair" (UTP-cable) or fiber cable, or only analog cameras with coax cable. Instead, the hybrid UTP-system as efficiently as possible using a combination of analog cameras, encoders and relatively inexpensive hybrid digital video recording devices with a fixed wired network connection.
It should be noted that trends in the cable data networks surveillance changed very quickly.
• Mainly used coaxial cables.
• To solve the problems used by other technologies.
• Convergence - a favorite word in other industries.
• Widely implemented technology of "unshielded twisted pair."
• Develop technology "Internet Protocol", but not as fast as expected.
• All technologies are flourishing with an increase in the cost of a coaxial cable.
• The core market of CCTV will own decisions based on hybrid video.
• IP-technology will experience a period of prosperity.
• Accelerate the convergence of IT and physical security. Primarily this will be interested businesses and organizations that need to combine all the functionality of the network of physical security on the same platform management and maintenance.
Why fixed cabling infrastructure?
Inpatient or thoroughly secured in the engineering of the cable network must be used in all hybrid video surveillance systems. In this case the medium of data transmission will reduce system cost and expand the range of products, no matter which way video transmission used - analog or LAN Ethernet. Fixed cable network used in the field of data transmission over the LAN, and telecommunications for several decades. Network Installation is quick and can be easily changed and brought under the operational characteristics of the industry standard. Such a standard of performance depends on the category of used items (5e, 6 or more category 6), as well as installation guidelines developed by the Association of EIA / TIA (Electronic Industries Association / Telecommunications Industry Association).
Unshielded twisted pair - the basis for all modern digital networks
4-pair UTP-cable equally valuable when transmitting data both analog IP-based video surveillance. In the hybrid video system for transmitting the analog image requires only one pair of UTP-cable, and the remaining three pairs are used for other purposes, as a rule, to transfer power and data telemetry.
The advantages of hybrid video network
• Allows you to transfer analog video to a distance of one mile and supplies (inexpensive) power low-voltage camera at a distance greater than the PoE (Power over Ethernet).
• The use of analog camcorders and hybrid digital video recording devices to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Streaming high-definition video transfer rate 60 images per second (standard NTSC) with little interaction with the LAN.
• Only one IP-address for each digital video recorder, compared with many IP-addresses for each camera.
• To make a planned network maintenance is not necessary to stop the work of a hybrid system of recording.
• Telemetry data and video are transmitted without delay.
• Virus protection should apply only to digital video recording device, and not all cameras.
• Is relatively inexpensive, appropriate standards of the full phase transition to IP-based systems.
A fixed network of UTP cables implements a clear cable distribution scheme provided for certification / verification, which goes from the control side or the main information center through the switching rack to the intermediate information center and further to the distribution boxes closest to the network video cameras.
The figure shows how it will look receiving and transmitting the data transmission system, power supply and video using the equipment, which supplies electricity to a video camera and transmitting video and telemetry data for the main fixed network using UTP-cables.
When using the coaxial cable to achieve similar functionality needed to carry out three different types of cables. Systems based on IP-based technologies have the same advantages: a 4-pair UTP-cable transmits video IP-Ethernet, provides the camera power through PoE (Power over Ethernet - Power over Ethernet), and controls the PTZ-camera (tracking camera "view / tilt / zoom ").
One of the advantages of hybrid video systems is their relatively low cost
The use of hybrid systems with a fixed network cabling is economically sound and rational choice. The cost of installing any system significantly affect the cost of labor. Significant reduction in the cost of analog systems has been achieved through the use of an intermediate between the panels and the main-frame multi-pair UTP-cable (25, 50, 100 pairs, etc.).
To switch to the digital system, simply unplug the transceiver and install a digital video camera and a corresponding PoE-hardware, according to specifications. At the same cable infrastructure do not need to change. This is the largest element has already been installed and requires no additional costs.
The user can select the data transfer medium used in the cable infrastructure, which in turn makes the system flexible in terms of migration. The most common transmission medium is a data IP-UTP-cable. Through the use of UTP-cable LANs and data centers will move to the next level of data quality, while maintaining the current high-speed data transmission over fiber cables. Thus, the network becomes available the updated physical security, LAN and data centers in an easily recognizable standard configuration, but at a lower price. No matter what system you use - analog, hybrid or system data through IP-based technologies - on the UTP-cable should pay special attention.